Thursday, July 3, 2014

140421 Sacramento

This business trip to the capital of California was a short one.  Completing my assignment ahead of schedule allowed me time to visit Old Sacramento during daylight hours.

The Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament was my starting point.  It is a beautiful church, with a hexagonal altar.

Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento, CA.

Inside the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento, CA.

From there, I wondered about downtown area and happened upon some whimsical sculptures near the convention center. Backtracking a bit, I headed to Old Sacramento.  The tunnel under the highway had a mural depicting the interesting history of this place and some colorful artwork.  A group of young people passing by agreed to playfully pose for me.

Sculpture near Sacramento Convention Center.

The way to Old Sacramento, CA.

Posing on their way to Old Sacramento, CA.

Old Sacramento is a section of this city intentionally kept frozen in the time of the Old West Gold Rush area, with many restaurants and charming shops.  As I strolled around, another group of young people initiated a conversation with me, thinking I was a journalist. That interaction was fun.  After grabbing a quick shot of the Delta King, it was time to bid farewell to the capital of California.

Old Sacramento, CA.

Having fun in Old Sacramento, CA.

Delta King with the Tower Bridge in the background in Old Sacramento, CA.

My journey to Sacramento this time, while short on time, was full of fun, especially the interactions with young people of or visiting the city.  A few more pictures of Sacramento are at https://picasaweb.google.com/108013863525571472697/140421Sacramento.  As usual, this trip was made possible by the hard work of many colleagues.

It is my sincere hope that you enjoy this blog.  Your comments and critiques are solicited and welcome. 

Thank you,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment