Saturday, July 14, 2012

120625 Fishkill, NY.

After a week of business outside of Arizona, I came home just to prepare for the next trip.  This time I was due in Fishkill, New York.  Fishkill is a small town, north of New York City, along the Hudson Valley.  Its curious name was derived from "vis kill" which is Dutch for "Fish Creek".

Fishkill is home to the semiconductor unit of IBM.  It was here, many years ago, that I started my career in microelectronics, as an engineering intern.  So in a way, this trip was a kind of homecoming for me.

After a long flight from Phoenix, I landed in Newark, NJ, to rainy weather.  The drive to Fishkill took almost 2 hours due to heavy traffic and  intermittent downpours.  As I approached my destination, the rain got lighter, giving hope for beautiful scenery.  After settling in, I went exploring in hope of reacquainted myself with this area.  I was able to take a couple of shots near the City of Beacon, right on the Hudson River, just before the storm returned.

Dock for boats and ferries on the Hudson River at Beacon, NY.

Sunset over Hudson River at Beacon, NY.
The next few days were taken up work.  I was not able to venture out.  But in return, I had a fun time with colleagues.  The last day at my customer ended early enough.  I had to capture something of Fishkill and Beacon.

IBM at Hopewell Junction, NY.

Beacon, NY.

Fishkill, NY.
The next morning afforded me sometimes before I had to catch my flight home.  I went north to Poughkeepsie and took a picture of the Mid-Hudson Bridge.  I can only imagine its beauty at sunset.

Mid-Hudson Bridge at Poughkeepsie, NY.
Anyway, a flight home awaited me at Newark; I had to leave.

As customary, I welcome any and all your comments / critiques of this blog and any of my pictures.  I hope your visit here was enjoyable.

Thank you.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment