Thursday, February 2, 2012

120109 SFO / SJC

The Holiday season was wonderful.  My son and daughter-in-law came to visit and spent many days with us.  So did my daughter and my niece.

My business travel resumed soon after the New Year.  The week of 9th Jan was spent in the Fremont / San Jose, CA, area.  Work took precedence, of course.  I arrived at my branch office before sunrise and left well after sunset.  There was little time to practice my hobby.

Before I left home, I discovered my GPS logger failed.  It no longer power up, in spite of new batteries.  Plugging it into my PC did not revive it.  With luck, I found an app on-line which synchronizes photos to a gpx file.  There was also a GPS logger app for my iPhone, which outputs gpx files.

Late one afternoon, I drove to a park near the San Francisco International Airport to test my GPS logger.  This park was very popular, yet its parking spaces were very limited.  And the sun was setting fast.  Once I was able to park my car, I quickly launch my GPS logger app and set up my camera.

The shot below is the result of this effort, with its GPS location marked precisely.  To view the location where this picture was taken, please go to https://picasaweb.google.com/108013863525571472697/120109SFOTest#5704741095666573362.  Mission successful.

Landing at SFO, at sunset.
And as always, your critiques / comments are welcome.

Thank you,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment