Saturday, August 27, 2011

110715 Cruise to Caribbean Islands

Barely a week after returning from Europe, I was given the opportunity to go to Raleigh, NC, for business.   Mylinh had planned and arranged for a cruise right after completion of my duties.  From Raleigh, we took a very early flight to Orlando, FL, and spent a day there.

Orlando, FL.

Orlando, FL.
The next day, we drove to Port Canaveral and boarded our cruise ship.  It was the "Dream" from the Carnival Cruise Lines.  Our ports of call were Nassau, Bahamas; St Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Philipsburg, Sint Maarten.  Along with us were my son and my daughter-in-law, many of my wife's siblings, nieces and nephews, some of their friends.  We had a wonderful time.

Nassau, Bahamas.

Lindbergh Bay, St Thomas, US Virgin Islands.

Landing at Princess Julianna International Airport, Sint Maarten.
One of the opportunities I looked forward to in Sint Maarten was the chance to photograph a jumbo jet landing at the Princess Julianna Airport.  One end of its runway is almost at the beach.  Unfortunately, I could only manage a shot of a small airplane.

Most photos taken during this cruise were portraits of family members.  I can only share one in this blog.

Mylinh
During this cruise, I received another opportunity to return to Europe for the third time this year.  The timing of this upcoming trip was such that Mylinh would be heading home from Orlando, while I would be traveling to Milano, Italy, at the end of our week-long vacation cruise.  Our ship docked back at Port Canaveral at dawn.

Port Canaveral at dawn.
A few more pictures are at https://picasaweb.google.com/108013863525571472697/110715Cruise.  As always, I solicit your comments and critiques in hope of improving my writing and photography skills.

Thank you.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment